Education is the process by which a society transmits its accumulated knowledge skills and values from one generation to another. Education must provide the means and opportunities to enhance the child creative expression and the capacity for aesthetic appreciation. Education gives knowledge about the world around us. It makes children capable of interpreting things in the right perspective.
- To provide universal access, equity, quality at primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary level.
- To evolve curriculum and evaluation procedures in conformity with the values enshrined in the Constitution.
- To build the child knowledge, potential talent and develop the child physical and mental abilities to the fullest extent.
- To provide a conducive learning environment through learning activities, discovery and exploration in a child friendly and child centered manner.
- To make examinations more flexible and integrated in classroom life by implementing continuous and comprehensive evaluation in phases, to remove the anxiety and stress caused by terminal examinations.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan:
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme in partnership with State Governments for universalising elementary education across the country.
It aims to provide useful and relevant elementary education to all children in the age-group 6 to 14 by ensuring universal access and retention, bridging of gender and social category gaps in education and enhancement of learning levels of children by provision of quality education.
- Ensuring cent percent enrolment.
- Ensuring cent percent retention of children enrolled in schools without getting dropped out.
- Providing quality elementary education in all schools.
- Providing an inclusive environment in schools conducive to differently abled children, children from marginalised sections, and children hailing from difficult circumstances.
- Providing infrastructure facilities to promote quality in education in all schools.
Rashtriyamadhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan:
The RashtriyaMadhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) scheme initiated in 2009, demonstrated the ambition of the Government for a secondary education system that can support the growth and development of the Nation. It aims to increase the enrolment rate to 90% at secondary and 75% at higher secondary stage by providing a secondary school within reasonable distance of every home and also to improve the quality of secondary education by making all secondary schools conform to prescribed norms, removing gender, socio-economic and disability barriers and providing universal access to secondary level education by 2017.
Goals & Objectives:
- Making good quality education to all young persons in the age group of 14-18 years.
- To enhance enrolment in classes IX and X by providing a secondary school within a reasonable distance of every habitation, i.e. 5 kilometres for secondary schools and 7 -10 kilometres for higher Secondary schools
- To improve quality of Education imparted at the Secondary Level by ensuring all secondary schools conform to prescribed/standard norms
- To remove socio, economic and gender barriers from the precincts of Secondary Education
- To achieve Universal retention by 2020
- To provide necessary physical facilities, teaching and non-teaching staff for every secondary school
- To ensure that all students pursuing secondary education of good quality.
Right to Education:
In Sivaganga district 133 Private Non – minority and Un – Aided Schools have 6840 seats in entry level class. As per RTE act 2009, 1759 (25% of total seats) seats are allotted to admit children of Weaker Sections and Disadvantaged Groups.
|School Type||Sivagangai Zone||Devakottai Zone||Total no. of Schools|
|Govt High School||33||32||65|
|Govt Higher Secondary School||30||32||62|
|Municipal High School||0||3||3|
|Rehabilitation Higher Secondary School||0||1||1|
|Social Welfare School||1||0||1|
|Aided High School||9||15||24|
|Aided Higher Secondary School||14||21||35|
|Self Finance High School||8||0||8|
|Self Finance Higher Secondary School||3||0||3|
|ADW High School||0||2||2|
|ADW Higher Secondary School||1||0||1|
|Govt Model School||0||1||1|