The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, general elections, arms licensing etc.The Additional Collector/ District Revenue Officer runs the Revenue administration under various enactments in the District. He is also designated as Additional District Magistrate. He mainly deals with civil supplies, land matters, mines and minerals, village officers etc.
The District Revenue Officer (DRO) and Deputy Collectors assists the Collector in discharging their duties. The District Revenue Officer looks after all the branches of the Collectorate. He deals mainly with general administration and is vested with supervision of day-to-day functions of the Collectorate.
The Project Officer District Rural Development Agency in the cadres of IAS/DRO , Personal Assistants (Panchayat Development) in the cadre of Deputy Collector, Assistant Director of Town panchayats and Municipal commissioners are assisting collector in panchayat development and urban local body related works.
- Section A – IAS, Civil Services and all service maters, RTI Act, Office Procedures, Inspection of offices
- Section B – Patta Transfer Appeals, UDR appeal, Indian Overseas Death Compensation, Trees, Forest, Natham appeal, Cencus, R.R.Act, Jamabanthi, Certificates
- Section C – Land Acquisition-Alienation Transfer, Lease-Assignment Settlement issues.
- Section D – Magisterial Works, Law and Order, Citizenship-TNPID Act, Goondas, Law officers
- Section E – Election, Refugees, Encroachment and Suits, Amma Thittam
- Section F – Fair Copy
- Section G – Records, Irrigation, Gazette Publication, ‘G’ Returns, Agricultural statistics.
- Section H – VIP visit, Government Accommodation, Guest House, Government Vehicles, Building Maintenance , Freedom fighters, Distribution of Sarees/Dhoties, SARFESI Act, Miscellaneous
- Section I – Grievance Day, Mass Contact, CMPRF Accident Relief, Old Age Pension, All Relief Schemes.
- Section K – Pay Bill, Contingencies, Maintenance of Service Registers, TA and other claims
- Section L – Loans/Advances Reconciliation, Budget, Pay Fixation.
- Section N – Lease, Settlement Issues, TASDIC Allowances
- Section S – Civil Supplies/PDS
- Section Y – BC and Minorities Welfare allied subject
- Section W – Adi Dravidar Welfare allied subject
- SSS – CMUPT and allied scheme
- Excise – State Excise, TASMAC management
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- PD (DRDA) – Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- PO (TNSRLM) – Mahalir Thittam
- PA (PD) – Development
- AD (P) – Panchayats Related Activities
- AD (Audit) – Audit and High Level committe
- PA (NMP) – School Noon Meals Related Activites